Priory is the leading provider of behavioural care in the UK.
We organise ourselves into four divisions – healthcare, education and children’s services, adult care and older people’s care – which together support the needs of more than 30,000 people every year.
Our purpose is to make a real and lasting difference for everyone we support.
Priory is dedicated to helping people to improve their health and wellbeing. We understand that in order for people to achieve high quality clinical and educational outcomes they need individually tailored programmes, suiting their specific needs.
The Priory Group has established an unrivalled reputation for delivering a real and lasting difference for its service users.
Our purpose and behaviours
The behaviours we aspire to are:
- Putting people first. We put the needs of our service users above all else.
- Being a family. We support our colleagues, our service users and their families when they need us most.
- Acting with integrity. We are honest, transparent and decent. We treat each other with respect.
- Striving for excellence. For over 140 years, we have been trusted by our service users with their care. We take this trust seriously and constantly strive to improve the services we provide.
- Being positive. We see the best in our service users and each other and we strive to get things done. We never give up and we learn from our mistakes.
The Group currently treats more than 70 different conditions through a nationwide network of over 300 facilities that support service user’s health, care, education and specialised needs and include:
The Priory Group was created in 1980 with the purchase of the Priory Hospital, Roehampton by an American healthcare company. The Roehampton site has been in continuous operation since its launch in 1872 by psychiatrist of great distinction, Dr William Wood. Over the following decades the Group acquired more hospitals and diversified its services. In 1993 the Priory Group moved into specialist education services with the purchase of Jacques Hall Foundation, then an adolescent therapeutic community, in Manningtree, Essex.
Our older peoples division was established in May 2009 and is now known as Amore Care. The Priory Group acquired Craegmoor in March 2011 allowing a growth in the Group’s portfolios of hospital and specialist educational colleges. As the market leader in autism and learning disability services, Craegmoor enables the Group to create a new division operating in that marketplace.
Our network of high quality facilities allow us to offer joined up care pathways. We offer programmes which integrate healthcare, therapy, specialist and education services that are tailored according to individual needs in an appropriate setting. Our integrated strength is that we can provide a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency services.
For further details regarding Priory care pathways, please click here.