Driving up Quality
The Driving Up Quality Code was developed following the Winterbourne View inquiry and it outlines good fundamental practices and behaviour that organisations supporting people with learning disabilities need to be committed to.
The Code aims to achieve the following:
- Drive up quality in services for people with learning disabilities that goes beyond minimum standards
- Create and build a passion in the learning disability sector to provide high quality, values-led services
- Provide a clear message to the sector and the wider population about what is and what is not acceptable practice
- Promote a culture of openness and honesty in organisations
- Promote the celebration and sharing of the good work that is already out there
We have signed up to the Code as we believe its ethos is in line with our commitment to personalisation, person-centred care and quality support for our service users.
As part of our Driving Up Quality agreement we will carry out an annual self-assessment where we look at how we, and mostly importantly our service users, feel we are meeting the requirements of the Code. Our service users will also help us to develop action plans for future development and to carry on building quality services. Please click here to see our Driving Up Quality Self-Assessment report.
For more information about Driving Up Quality and the Code please see the Driving Up Quality website.