Priory's commitment to Acute and PICU services
To make a placement, call our 24/7 referral line: 0800 090 1356
Priory’s specialist Acute and Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) teams are committed to providing the highest quality of care. We help service users overcome a wide range of mental health conditions in therapeutic and supportive environments. With a full multidisciplinary team (MDT) at all sites, we provide a swift and appropriate response to meet the needs of each individual, highlighted in our Acute service outcomes.
- There was an average improvement in HoNOS to 8.3 for those returning home at discharge (between October ’14 and September ’15).
- 91% of those returning home at discharge saw an improvement in HoNOS*
- 98% of service users stated that when they arrived, staff¬ made them feel welcome*
- 98% of service users stated they were treated with respect and dignity during their stay*
- 98% of service users stated they felt safe during their stay*
*Q2 2015/16 survey
Our services at a glance
- Highest quality of care for a wide range of mental health conditions
- Emergency placements 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Experienced and expert multidisciplinary teams at all sites
- Immediate discharge planning for positive end goals
- Seamless access into higher or lower acuity treatment reflecting individual needs
- Flexible treatment plans to meet individual needs
Our treatment programmes
Our aim is to assist any service user within an Acute or PICU service, to understand and cope with their condition, using NICE approved interventions that help to recognise and prevent triggers for relapse. Our MDT of psychiatrists and therapists encourage service users to fully engage with their treatment programme.
All treatments are flexible to meet requirements and personal circumstances, and may include:
- Medication reviews and interventions
- Psychological intervention
- Management of self-harm and hostility
- ECT and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy interventions where appropriate
- Management of physical health care needs
- Formulating problems/diagnosis using a biopsychosocial model
- Crisis planning and relapse prevention
- Anxiety management
- Practical help with basics of daily living skills
We provide personalised treatment programmes in safe, calming and comfortable environments for those with the most complex of care needs.
How to access our services
Priory accepts referrals from a variety of public sector and independent organisations throughout the UK. These include:
- NHS provider Trusts
- Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs)
- NHS England specialised mental health case managers
- Community Mental Health teams
- High Secure hospitals
- Medium Secure hospitals
- Psychiatric hospitals
- Prisons and Courts
- Social Services and the police
Our range of innovative pricing plans is specifically designed to ensure a transparent and efficient process for commissioners at an agreed cost. All our hospitals have specific admission criteria relevant to the service and support they offer.
Same day admission can be facilitated and we can assist in transferring the service user if required. We are able to accept referrals 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Urgent or out-of-hours appointments and admissions can be arranged immediately by telephoning the appropriate hospital directly.
For further information on the full range of Priory services, please call: 0800 090 1356. For professionals looking to make a referral, please click here. To view current bed availability, please click here.