Our Acute services
To make a placement, call our 24/7 referral line: 0800 090 1356
Priory has a nationwide network of acute support for the NHS, offering 24 hours a day, 7 days a week assistance in times of emergencies, to support individuals whenever needed. Our safe, secure and contained hospitals offer supportive and caring environments for a wide range of service users.
We focus on family and carer interaction, and collaboration with community teams to support successful discharge plans and a smooth transition back into existing community services, or to an individual’s home where possible.
Who do we support?
The Priory supports positive progression towards recovery for the following service users:
- Individuals with a range of mental health conditions
- Those showing risk of violence and aggression
- Those at risk of suicide
- Individuals with varying levels of risk
- Individuals from other services
Our approach to Acute services
- We work closely with referring Trusts to achieve minimum lengths of stay, and are able to provide an extension to NHS care pathways during times of fluctuating demand
- Priory works collaboratively with discharge teams to ensure a smooth transition back into existing community services, or to an individual’s home where possible. This includes the opportunity to attend ward rounds and discuss service user care with the MDT
- We have the capability across our network to utilise our breadth of services to support a full care pathway, providing continuity of care and the minimum disruption to the treatment programme
- Access to DBT skills-coaching; either on the ward or via telephone consultation
- Consultation Meeting where the therapists receive supervision and consultation on their clinical work
For further information on the full range of Priory services, please call: 0800 090 1356. For professionals looking to make a referral, please click here.