Cocaine addiction treatment and rehab
Cocaine is a powerful and dangerous stimulant whose use can cause significant physical and psychological harm, including the development of an addiction. If you are worried about your use of cocaine, Priory’s free initial addiction assessment offers an opportunity to discuss this with an experienced therapist and is completely confidential.
When you use cocaine, the drug can cause a variety of intense yet short-lived pleasurable effects, prompting repeated use in order to re-experience the pleasurable effects and to anticipate the physical and psychological crash that can occur when these effects wear off. . Longer-term, it can lead to people suffering from anxiety, depression, paranoia and panic attacks.
In this manner, one-time cocaine use can quickly turn into a pattern of misuse, which can lead to cocaine addiction.
However, with proper professional care, you can regain control over your life, end your dependence upon cocaine, and resume your pursuit of a happier and healthier life.
Find out more about the signs and symptoms of cocaine addiction.
Treating cocaine addiction
The first step on the road to recovery is accepting there is a problem. Detoxification and psychotherapy are among the options used to treat drug dependency, with abstinence being the ultimate goal. Treatment for drug dependency is based on an intensive programme of group work and individual counselling. At the Priory, our specialists will encourage you to identify your drug dependency, then help to remedy these problems. This involves identifying new ways of coping through building self-esteem and positive attitudes.
Types of treatment for cocaine addiction
Depending upon your specific needs and goals, your path to recovery from cocaine addiction may include a combination of the following:
Signs and symptoms of cocaine addiction
- Cocaine detox programme – A medically monitored environment in which you can rid your body of cocaine with maximum safety and minimal discomfort
- Residential rehabilitation – Intensive treatment services from multidisciplinary teams of consultant psychiatrists and psychologists, therapists and nurses, with 24-hour care and support.
- Day therapy – Structured and supportive care to promote continued recovery, with flexible treatment hours to accommodate your personal and professional responsibilities
- Outpatient therapy – Ideal as a step-down from day therapy, providing limited ongoing support as you transition out of care and re-establish a healthy independent lifestyle
- One-to-one therapy – Provides a confidential environment in which you can process successes and setbacks, address issues that you may be hesitant to bring up in a group session and receive personalised feedback from an experienced professional
- Group therapy – Allow you to share your insights, learn from the experiences of others, and practice healthy interpersonal communication skills under the guidance and supervision of one or more trained and experienced professionals
The types of treatment that you receive as you recover from your cocaine addiction at Priory will depend upon a variety of factors, including your needs and goals, your progress to date, the presence of any co-occurring mental health issues, and the level at which you are currently receiving care.
Why choose the Priory for cocaine addiction treatment?
Cocaine addiction can have a devastating impact on all aspects of your life. In addition to the risk of significant physical and psychological harm, the continued misuse of cocaine can undermine your ability to maintain healthy relationships, make appropriate academic progress, get and keep a job, establish financial independence, and otherwise participate in a productive and satisfying lifestyle.
Professional treatment can help you to heal from any past harm that has resulted from your cocaine misuse, and can empower you to avoid future damage. Receiving that care at Priory offers a wide range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive care – The breadth and depth of our services ensures that we can provide you with the focused treatment that best aligns with your needs and goals
- Experienced professionals – While in treatment at a Priory centre or hospital, you will work in active collaboration with teams of dedicated professionals who were selected both for their clinical expertise and for their commitment to compassionate care.
- All Priory rehabilitation and detox services are carried out in licensed hospitals with treatment led by Consultants supported by Junior Doctors and highly experienced Nursing staff. Clinical staff are on-site 24 hours a day seven days a week
- Flexible financial options – Whether you intend to self-fund your treatment, use private insurance or receive care via the NHS, Priory has options that are appropriate for your financial situation
- Documented successes – We employ a wide range of outcomes metrics to ensure that all who heal with us receive quality services, make progress toward their treatment goals and are treated with the utmost dignity and respect
Our consultant-led teams of addiction specialists provide treatment for single and multi-substance addictions, including alcohol, drugs and stimulants, as well as behavioural addictions including sex, gambling, eating, and shopping.
For further details on how Priory can provide you with further assistance regarding Cocaine Addiction Treatment & Rehab, please call 0800 840 3219 or click here for a free addiction assessment.