22 service users and 65 members of staff at Farmfield have been working extremely hard to get fit and active over the month of July with fantastic results.
Between the group they have:
- Lost 12 stone and 9 pounds
- Run an impressive 692 miles equating to 26 marathons
- Cycled 706 miles - the equivalent of riding from London to Brighton 12 times
- Rowed 121 miles – the equivalent of 5.5 channel crossings
- Climbed a grand total of 32052 steps, 20 times the empire state building
All participants were rewarded for their hard work and effort with a healthy barbeque to celebrate and the service user who lost the most weight won a £50 voucher.
Mark Watts, Hospital Director said “As well as providing a sense of fun across our facility, the fitness month has really demonstrated the motivation particularly amongst our service users to get healthier. Some of our service users who took part had never attended the gym and now they are asking to continue the weigh in sessions event after the month had finished. The activities have created a real sense of cohesion between staff and service users as they work together to meet the team targets.
Farmfield is a 52-bed, low and medium secure hospital specialising in treating male service users aged 18 plus.
For further information on Priory secure services, please call 0845 277 4679.