Priory Education Services are pleased to announce an Open Day at Clay Hill School on Friday 28th March 2014. We would be delighted if you could join us at the school from either 11.00-13.30 or 12.30-14.30.
The new school provides care and education for up to 25 young people aged 5 to 19 years with autism and associated learning difficulties. Up to 14 young people can be resident, either on a weekly, termly basis or 52 week basis.
Agenda for the day:
11.00 Welcome with tea and coffee
11.30 Tour of school and residential provision
13.00 What is a modified ASD specific curriculum and how does it support measurable outcomes which are meaningful? Allison Hope - West, Director of Autism
13.30 Tour of school and residential provision
14.30 Close with tea and coffee
Clay Hill School offers a warm, welcoming, relaxed yet structured environment, encouraging children and young people to develop social, educational and practical skills to enjoy and achieve. We believe all aspects of school life should have positive outcomes.
The school provides:
• A teaching and care environment that uses a range of specialised approaches to young people with ASD such as TEACCH, PECS and ABA according to individual need
• A curriculum which supports the needs and learning style of young people with autism
• An individual education and care plan
• A consistent and structured approach
• Appropriate peer group and curriculum
• Social and living skills curriculum
• Highly qualified and trained staff
• Most students will be on a 1:1 ratio
• A comprehensive and intensive approach to the communication and language needs of the young people
• Therapeutic input from a dedicated therapy team
To register your attendance please call Sarah Loveday on 02380 283633 or email email@example.com confirming which slot you would like to attend.