85 Brecon Road is a five bedded residential community home providing step down care for female service users suffering from complex mental illness. 85 Brecon Road is located in Abergavenny, Monmouthshire, with a wide range of amenities nearby making the home ideally located for safe, structured and gradual reintegration into the community.
All bedrooms are spacious, well furnished and can be individually personalised. Communal areas include a kitchen, dining room and a lounge, all of which have been tastefully decorated to provide a comfortable and homely living environment.
The facility uses a holistic and person centred approach. Service users are encouraged to make choices and work towards independence. The team work in collaboration with the service user, care co-ordinators and the commissioning team to deliver a package of care that is realistic and specific to the individual’s needs. Our focus of care is to help service users to gain confidence and build independence in order to improve their quality of life.
- Initial assessment takes place within two working days of a referral being made
- The care plan formulation takes place once the full assessment has been completed and all information has been gathered
- All service users are involved in designing their own person centred care plan with staff support, these plans are tailored to suit individual requirements and provide the correct level of support
- A dedicated staff team are on duty 24 hours a day providing support with all day-to-day aspects of life, empowering service users to live life to their full potential
- Service users are supported with recognising, identifying and achieving their own goals and ambitions
- Plans are reviewed upon admission of a service user and every month thereafter
- Reviews meetings take place every six months
- Risk assessments are carried out and reviewed on a monthly basis or when required
- Support is offered to help service users to develop daily living skills such as personal hygiene, cooking, shopping and maintaining the home. Staff work alongside the service users to support them in budgeting money and saving for the future
- The service encourages healthy eating lifestyles and also supports service users to attend voluntary work placements, college, the local gym and community activities outside the home
If you would like further information on the services offered by the Priory, please call 0845 277 4679 or click here to make an enquiry.