The Priory Chadwick Lodge is a 52-bed medium and low secure unit providing specialist treatment programmes for male and female patients who have been detained under the Mental Health Act (1983) and have a history of offending behaviour.
The unit consists of, 44 beds for men in four single gender wards (30 medium secure and 14 low secure) and eight beds for women in one single gender ward (medium secure)
The hospital is renowned for its sex offender treatment, its interventions for personality disordered patients and its forensic addictions treatment programmes. In addition, we offer tailored care to those patients who present with a dual diagnosis of mental illness/personality disorder and mild learning disability.
We also specialise in remand patients, patients transferred from prison and those with a history of serious offending.
What we treat
The Priory Chadwick Lodge offers a broad spectrum of evidence-based therapeutic interventions, involving patients at every stage. The hospital's consultant-led, multidisciplinary team has a wealth of clinical and research experience in forensic psychiatry, particularly sex offenders.
All programmes are designed to reduce the risk of re-offending and to maximise the potential and enhance the quality of life of each patient.
- Patients with mental illness and acute complex needs, including patients transferred from prison or with a history of serious offending
- Patients with personality disorder and mental illness who require long-term specialist rehabilitation
- Patients with a dual diagnosis of mental illness/personality disorder and mild learning disability
- Patients with personality disorder without mental illness who will benefit from a specialist, multi-disciplinary approach
- The assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of mentally ill or personality disordered individuals and / or illicit substance misuse
The locked service provides a 12 month recovery focused programme with Dialectical Behavioural Therapy at its therapeutic centre. The skills taught within the DBT programme promote greater self awareness, and will also teach the individual to build resilience while managing overwhelming situations more effectively.
Quality and regulation
You can be assured that the treatment patients receive will be of the highest standard, as we are continually monitored by the independent regulator (Care Quality Commission) and are bench-marked against the National Service Framework.