The Priory Hospital Middleton St George, close to Darlington, provides specialist inpatient care for adults with mental health needs who present with complex needs and behaviours that challenge, in a safe and supportive environment.
Our comprehensive integrated services offer complete care pathways allowing patients to transfer effortlessly between the most appropriate care, meeting individual needs, enabling recovery and re-engagement within the community, and maximising life opportunities.
The hospital has 72 en-suite beds, across five wards:
- Hazelwood & Oak – Female Personality Disorder service providing a fully comprehensive DBT treatment model
- Dalton – Female Rehabilitation and Recovery service for women with complex mental health needs
- Linden – Male Rehabilitation and Recovery service for men with complex mental health needs
- Thoburn – 24/7 Acute Mental Health Admission and Treatment service for males and females
Off site, but still within easy access of the main hospital, is a step down community house called Station Road. This provides a service for three male patients, who have moved through the appropriate care pathway to a supported living environment.
The Priory Hospital Middleton St George also provides a specialist detoxification service.
Multidisciplinary teams work in collaboration with patients and commissioners to deliver individual treatment programmes and adaptable care pathways to allow individuals to progress towards a less restrictive environment and to independent living. Our patients can be amongst the most vulnerable members of society and require sensitive therapeutic interventions that encourage self-awareness, knowledge and empowerment. We offer services for those with a wide range of mental health issues which may include:
- Personality disorder with complex treatment and risk management needs, including factors such as co-morbid mental illness, self-harm or substance misuse
- Mental illness and complex needs
- Primary diagnosis of schizophrenia
- Forensic history, including violence or abuse
- Substance abuse history which requires an inpatient stay