Accessing our services
To see everything on offer at Priory Hospital Highfields, please telephone 01543 684 948. Our home manager can answer all of your questions and show you around the home.
Funding is provided by the NHS, social services or the individual resident. Fees are dependent on the care required and will be determined by an assessment prior to a resident entering the home. Priory Hospital Highfields is registered with The Care Quality Commission (CQC).
- Full time registered manager
- Full time deputy manager
- Part time speech and language therapist
- Full time senior support workers and shift leaders
- Support workers and waking night support workers
- Each resident has two key workers
- Referrals to GP, specialist nurses, dentist, psychology and psychiatry, occupational therapist services as required.
Accommodation and facilities
- Two houses within a community setting close top local ammenities
- In total eight bedrooms, five with en-suite and one self contained apartment.
- Fully fitted kitchen with laundry facilities
- Communal living and dining areas
- Enclosed gardens equipped with trampoline and other sensory equipment
Highfields aims to develop personal growth and independence so encourages service users to partake in the choosing, preparing and cooking of meals in a safe environment. Dishes are nutritionally balanced and aims to use local fresh produce whilst catering for special dietary requirements.
Residents have the choice of two separate dining rooms, and have light snacks and drinks at anytime of the day. Family and friends are welcome to join our residents for meals.
Quality and regulation
You can be assured that the care residents receive will be of the highest standard, as we are continually monitored by the independent regulator (the Care Quality Commission) and are benchmarked against the National Service Framework.