Therapy and treatment programmes at The Priory Hospital Glasgow
The first step to recovery for the patient is to undergo an initial assessment to identify the issues, make any diagnosis and draw up the most appropriate treatment plan. For our addictions treatment programme we offer a free initial addiction assessment.
Treatment is then available on an outpatient, inpatient and day patient basis.
- Person centred
- Psycho - educational
- Systemic & family psychotherapist
- Advanced art psychotherapist
Some of the groups available are:
- Understanding anxiety
- Managing anxiety
- Understanding depression
- Understanding anger
- Managing anger
- Managing grief and loss
- Relationship therapy
- Personal development
- Managing the symptoms of my diagnosis
- CBT for mixed diagnosis
- Building confidence and self-esteem
- Pre-dependency group
- Managing stress
- Motivational therapy
- Emotional well being
- Creative therapy
- Body image
- Healthy living
- Goal setting / relapse prevention
Family programme and aftercare
Within the addiction treatment programme, where possible, we encourage the patient's family to become involved in the treatment programme as this can help give a greater understanding of the illness - hopefully leading to a speedier recovery once the patient has returned home.
In addition to medical excellence we provide a safe relaxed atmosphere at the hospital, which facilitates the recovery process.
Accommodation and facilities at The Priory Hospital Glasgow
The environment we create for patients is as important as the treatment itself. To this end, each patient has the privacy of his or her own comfortable bedroom, with flat screen television, DVD player, telephone and en-suite facilities.
Patients are encouraged to have their meals in the main dining room, which offers an excellent choice of dishes and our chefs will be pleased to cater for any special dietary requirements.
The hospital has a number of large comfortable patient lounges, a quiet room and a games room, the Glasgow Priory Hospital also has an arrangement with local health and welbeing provider Nuffield Health's Wellbeing & Fitness.
The hospital also has a FREE Wi-Fi network for patients to use.
For those that enjoy a country walk or to jog, the beautiful Queen’s Park is only a five minute walk from the hospital.
Visitors are actively encouraged within the hospital but please note visiting times are dependant on the therapeutic programme and may vary based on the clinical need of the individual.
Monday – Friday 6:00pm to 10:00pm
Saturday – Sunday 12:30pm to 10:00pm
Alternatively, visiting times outside of these hours can be arranged with the ward staff.
All visitors must sign in and out at reception and report to the nurses’ station. All visitors must leave the building no later than 10.00pm.
Why choose Priory Hospital Glasgow
Our expert staff
• Full time and visiting specialist consultants covering all major mental health conditions
• Dedicated therapy teams for each specialist treatment programme
• Ward doctor and nursing staff available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
2. Our treatment works (2011)
• 91% of inpatients (acute mental health) improved with an average 55% improvement rate
• 91% of daycare patients improved with an average 43% improvement rate
3. Excellent patient satisfaction results (2011)
• 98% rating for ‘overall quality of care’
• 99% rating for our doctors
• 97% of patients would recommend us
4. We offer good value for money
• Our clinical outcomes coupled with our patient satisfaction results highlight that you are in safe hands
• All our bedrooms are single en-suite, with flat screen televisions and DVD players
• Our restaurant has been awarded the ‘healthy eating’ award by the Scottish Consumer Council three years in a row
5. We work with patients who have a dual diagnosis
• We have the expertise to treat your primary condition be that addiction, stress or an eating disorder
• We also recognise that there may be other mental health conditions which need to be treated at the same time such as OCD, depression, PTSD or anxiety
6. Immediate access with no waiting lists
• We specialise in rapid assessments and immediate admissions
• We have no waiting lists
7. Free assessments for alcohol and drug addiction
• We offer a free assessment by a qualified addiction therapist who is also in recovery
• Our staff know your struggles and have been there but now offer qualified expert advice
8. Twelve months free aftercare
• Addiction treatment programme only
• The hospital also offers weekly self help groups
9. We conduct research with the NHS
• We have worked in conjunction with NHS Tayside
• Our research has been published in leading medical journals
10. Recognised by all major private medical insurers
• We are recognised by Bupa, Axa PPP, Aviva, Cigna as well as many others
• Our admission team work closely with all the major private medical insurers
For assurance of our service quality; our most recent audit inspection by the regulator Health Improvement Scotland is available by clicking here.
The Priory Hospital Glasgow is proud to support SAMH (Scottish Association for Mental Health) and SAMH is the hospital's chosen charity organisation, click here to visit the website.
Please call us on: 0141 530 3795 to arrange a FREE and immediate meeting with a clinician, or Text HELP to 61122 and we will contact you with further information about how we can help you.