Set back within 15 acres of landscaped gardens, the tranquil environment of the Priory Hospital Southampton offers therapeutic and recovery focused residential treatment as well as day care and outpatient services. The hospital also provides a specialist inpatient service for children and adolescents.
The hospital opened in 1987 and has established an excellent reputation for providing the highest standards of care, for people suffering from mild to moderate mental health issues, such as stress and anxiety or people looking for speacialist addiction treatment. The hospital provides a range of outpatient based therapy services such as individual and group based cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT).
Personalised evidence based treatment programmes are delivered alongside the use of a range of therapies, as well as an art room and communal lounges. All en suite bedrooms are private, and a dining room is provided for service users and their guests.
Priory has a highly experienced team of mental health professionals and support staff, which include consultant psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses and therapists.
Acute mental health treatment and therapy
Our staff team has the expertise and experience to treat most psychiatric conditions. These include depression, anxiety,post traumatic stress disorder, obsessive compulsive states (OCD), schizophrenia and all major acute psychiatric illnesses.
- Suitable for adults from the age of 18
- Personalised treatment programmes to treat a broad range of mental health conditions, including stress, depression, anxiety and post traumatic stress disorder
- Specialist therapy programmes offered include cognitive behavioural therapy, and eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Accredited and approved providers for all the UK’s leading private medical insurers, with self-funding and corporate arrangements available
Addiction treatment rehabilitation
The service specialises in addiction treatment for substance and behavioural dependency, such as alcohol addiction, drug addiction (inlcuding illegal drugs such as cocaine, cannabis, heroin), gambling addiction, relationships and shopping addiction. The addiction treatment programme includes:
- FREE ADDICTION ASSESSMENT to explore the problem in more detail without obligation to continue into treatment
- 12 months FREE aftercare after 12-step programme
- FREE family support during and post treatment
Suitable for adults from the age of 18
Detoxification treatment and supported abstinence available
Group and one-to-one therapy sessions
Specialist therapy programmes include psycho-educational workshops to address the nature of addictions and addictive behaviours
Accredited and approved providers for all the UK’s leading private medical insurers, with self-funding and corporate arrangements available
The priory has many years experience in treating individuals to help them beat their alcoholism or dependency on drugs.