We know that not everyone who needs Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) has the time or the inclination to attend a face-to-face appointment.
Some patients are too busy with work and family, and others don’t feel comfortable having to talk about personal issues in front of a therapist. We don’t want that to be a barrier to patients receiving the treatment they need.
A new approach
That's why we developed a new approach to CBT. Your patients can now access online CBT via secure instant messaging in a secure online meeting room. They will still receive the same clinical expertise as those we meet face-to-face, as our own expert CBT therapists will provide the online treatment.
Easy patient access
CBT online gives your patients access to the help they need when and where they need it. All they need to do to talk to one of our qualified therapists in confidence is:
- Choose an appointment to suit them – 9am to 7pm, Monday to Friday
- Choose an appointment length – 30 or 60 minutes
- Log in from any location – their front room, their office or a cafe
Benefits for your patients
To access it they can come to us directly, or via a referral from you if their private medical insurance will cover the cost. CBT online provides the help your patients need in a way that suits them. Its benefits include:
- There’s no waiting list
- It removes the pressure of speaking to someone face to face
- They can choose when and where to have the appointment
- It’s simple and easy to use
- It’s cost effective
- Typing encourages your patients to take their time and develop their thoughts
- The sense of anonymity can help your patients to respond more honestly, so they and the therapist can get to the root of the problem quicker. That means your patients could see the benefits in fewer sessions
Download a patient leaflet
To obtain patient leaflets for your surgery please download them by clicking here or alternatively you can contact Debbie Jones at the Priory Hospital North London on 0208 616 3819.
For further information on any of the services available through the Priory, please call: 0845 277 4679 or if you are looking to make a referral, please click here.