- Springfield University hospital, South West London and St. Georges NHS Trust
- St Anthony’s Hospital, Surrey
Postgraduate training in Psychiatry
- Maudsley Hospital, London
- Institute of Psychiatry, London
- Kings College Hospital, London
- Queen Mary's Hospital, Roehampton
- National Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery, London
- Royal Bethlem Hospital, London
Postgraduate training in General Medicine
- Royal Free Hospital, London
- Northwick Park Hospital, Harrow
- Ealing Hospital, London
Additional psychiatry experience at Rozelle and Rivendell Hospitals, University of Sydney, Australia.
- Medicolegal Bond Solon expert witness report writing training (2007)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Institute of Psychiatry, London (2006)
- Registered for PhD, University of London (2004)
- Certificate in Psychopharmacology (British Association of Psychopharmacology) (2003)
- Approved under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act by the Department of Health (2002 & 2007)
- Membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (2001)
- Membership of the Royal College of Physicians (2000)
- General Medical Council – Full Registration (1997)
- Medical degree (MB BS) St. Mary’s Hospital Medical School, Imperial College, University of London (1996)
- Psychology degree BSc (Hons) – University College London (1995)
Research and publications:
- Hodes M, Creamer J, Woolley J.
Cultural meanings of ethnic categories
Psychiatric Bulletin Jan 1998, 20-24
- Woolley J, Smith S.
Lowered seizure threshold on olanzapine.
British Journal of Psychiatry 2001, 178:(85-86)
- Woolley JB, Heyman I.
Dexamphetamine for obsessive-compulsive disorder.
American Journal of Psychiatry. 2003 Jan;160(1):18
- Woolley JB, Allen R, Wessely S.
Alcohol use in chronic fatigue syndrome.
Journal of Psychosomatic Research. 2004 Feb;56(2):203-6
- Woolley J, McGuire PK.
What can neuroimaging tell the clinician in schizophrenia?
Advances in Psychiatric Treatment May 2005; 11: 195 - 202.
- Broome Matthew R; Woolley James B; Tabraham Paul; Johns Louise C; Bramon Elvira; Murray Graham K; Pariante Carmine; McGuire Philip K; Murray Robin M
What causes the onset of psychosis?
Schizophrenia research 2005;79(1):23-34.
- Broome Matthew R; Woolley James B; Johns Louise C; Valmaggia Lucia R; Tabraham Paul; Gafoor Rafael; Bramon Elvira; McGuire Philip K
Outreach and support in south London (OASIS): implementation of a clinical service for prodromal psychosis and the at risk mental state.
European psychiatry : the journal of the Association of European Psychiatrists 2005;20(5-6):372-8.
- Rubia K, Smith AB, Woolley J, Nosarti C, Heyman I, Taylor E, Brammer M.
Progressive increase of frontostriatal brain activation from childhood to adulthood during event-related tasks of cognitive control.
Hum Brain Mapp. 2006 Dec;27(12):973-93.
- Broome M R; Johns L C; Valli I; Woolley J B; Tabraham P; Brett C; Valmaggia L; Peters E; Garety P A; McGuire P K
Delusion formation and reasoning biases in those at clinical high risk for psychosis.
British Journal of Psychiatry. Supplement 2007;51():s38-42.
- Lappin Julia M; Morgan Kevin D; Valmaggia Lucia R; Broome Matthew R; Woolley James B; Johns Louise C; Tabraham Paul; Bramon Elvira; McGuire Philip K
Insight in individuals with an At Risk Mental State.
Schizophrenia research 2007;90(1-3):238-44.
- Bramon Elvira; Shaikh Madiha; Broome Matthew; Lappin Julia; Bergé Daniel; Day Fern; Woolley James; Tabraham Paul; Madre Mercè; Johns Louise; Howes Oliver; Valmaggia Lucia; Pérez Víctor; Sham Pak; Murray Robin M; McGuire Philip
Abnormal P300 in people with high risk of developing psychosis.
- Woolley J, Heyman I, Brammer M, Frampton I, McGuire PK, Rubia K.
Brain activation in paediatric obsessive compulsive disorder during tasks of inhibitory control.
British Journal of Psychiatry. 2008 Jan;192(1):25-31.
- Broome Matthew R; Matthiasson Pall; Fusar-Poli Paolo; Woolley James B; Johns Louise C; Tabraham Paul; Bramon Elvira; Valmaggia Lucia; Williams Steven C R; Brammer Michael J; Chitnis Xavier; McGuire Philip K
Neural correlates of executive function and working memory in the 'at-risk mental state'.
British Journal of Psychiatry. 2009;194(1):25-33.
- St Anthony’s Hospital, London Road, North Cheam, Surrey, SM3 9DW. (Monday AM)
- The Priory Hospital Roehampton (Monday PM, Friday all day)
Telephone: 0844 884 2366 Fax: 0870 838 1088
Live appointment availability and appointment booking facility at www.drwoolley.info
BSc (Hons), MBBS, MRCP, MRCPsych, PGDip (CBT)