Dr Collinge has been a Consultant Psychiatrist since 2004. She studied Medicine at University College London and after qualifying as a doctor in 1995, she undertook her basic psychiatric training at University College Hospital, London. She completed her higher training on the Charing Cross Hospital Rotation in London and attained a dual CCST in adult and old age psychiatry.
Dr Collinge has since worked as a Consultant Psychiatrist in London (Camden & Islington NHS Foundation Trust) and New Zealand. She took up her current NHS Consultant post in Gloucestershire in 2012.
As Dr Collinge has a dual CCST in adult and old age psychiatry, she has the expertise to see patients of all ages (from 18 years and older). She has extensive experience in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of mental health problems including:
- Mood disorders – including depression and bipolar disorder
- Anxiety disorders- including panic attacks, phobias, OCD and post traumatic stress disorder
- Alcohol related problems
- Trauma related problems
- Psychotic illnesses
- Examiner for the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- College Assessor for the South West Division of the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Drugs and Therapeutics Committee Member
- Dr Collinge has published several papers on the topic of suicide
Dual CCST (adult and old age psychiatry)