Get help for codeine addiction today
If you think you’re struggling with a codeine addiction, the good news is that this condition is treatable and you don’t have to suffer on your own. The most important step is to seek help for your codeine addiction, to start getting your life back on track.
Codeine is a prescription painkiller, which people usually take to treat moderate pain, for example, after you’ve suffered an injury or gone through an operation. You might also take codeine for ongoing pain when less strong painkillers, such as paracetamol or ibuprofen, haven’t been able to reduce your pain.
When you take codeine appropriately and the way that you’re advised to by a medical professional, it can be an effective type of prescription drug, offering you pain relief and improving your quality of life.
Is codeine addictive?
Like lots of other prescription painkillers, taking codeine over a long period of time can lead to you becoming dependent on it in order to function in your daily life. Also, codeine is known to make you feel euphoric, tranquil and relaxed – effects which can be very addictive to many people. This can mean you want to take codeine over and over again, even when your pain has gone, until you develop an addiction to this drug.
Codeine addiction is treatable and you can take steps towards recovery
At Priory, we understand that without effective treatment, codeine addiction can have a negative impact on lots of different areas of your life, affecting you mentally and physically. Over time, you may find that you develop a tolerance to codeine, meaning you have to take more of the drug to feel the effects you crave. It’s also possible for untreated codeine addiction to lead to alcohol addiction, other drug addictions and behavioural addictions such as gambling, which can cause a whole range of other problems.
However, you don’t have to suffer in silence; we can help you address your issues and take steps towards recovery. Our expert team are dedicated to helping you every step of the way towards overcoming your addiction and returning to the healthy and fulfilling life you deserve. We offer intensive codeine addiction rehab within our nationwide network of hospitals and wellbeing centres, helping you regain control of your life.
Remember, it’s never too late to seek help. Contact Priory today to start your journey towards a more positive way of life.
A free no-obligation addiction assessment
At Priory, we understand that admitting you have a problem and entering into addiction rehab can be a scary prospect. That’s why we offer a free addiction assessment at all our hospital sites, which gives you the chance to:
- Have an honest and confidential conversation with one of our therapists about your codeine addiction
- Explore the codeine addiction treatment options that are best suited to your individual needs
- Begin to develop an understanding of the codeine rehab journey at Priory Group
Our initial addiction assessment aims to put your mind at ease when it comes to reaching out for help.
What happens during codeine rehab?
Treatment for codeine addiction at Priory usually takes place as part of our 28-day Addiction Treatment Programme. During this, you will stay at one of our hospital sites on a residential basis, where you’ll receive specialist addiction treatment and help.
The first step may be for you to go through a medically assisted withdrawal detoxification process if this is needed, to remove all traces of codeine from your body. You’ll then be able to start attending expert group and individual therapy, which will help you to:
- Discover the triggers for your codeine addiction
- Learn healthy coping mechanisms for the future
- Take steps towards a more positive way of life
28 days is the recommended treatment time for addictions, but we can also consider flexible treatment lengths depending on your individual needs.
Our leading 28-day codeine Addiction Treatment Programme consists of:
- Free, no obligation addiction assessment, allowing you to discuss your unique codeine addiction in confidence, receive guidance on our treatment options, and start your journey towards rehabilitation and recovery - book your appointment today. Some of our Priory sites require that you receive a consultant assessment prior to your initial addiction assessment
- Medically assisted withdrawal detoxification for your codeine addiction, if this is required. The purpose of this is to remove all traces of codeine from your body, while controlling withdrawal symptoms
- Individual 1:1 therapy and structured group therapy programmes
- Family and couples therapy programmes
- Access to both on and off-site 12-Step support groups, individually tailored to your unique addiction
- Free aftercare for 12 months following treatment (aftercare is provided for life following treatment at Priory Hospital Roehampton and Manor Clinic)
- Free family support for 12 months following treatment (family support is provided for life following treatment at Priory Hospital Roehampton and Manor Clinic)
As well as providing addiction help on a residential basis, we also offer outpatient and day care treatment for codeine addiction at Priory. The type of treatment you receive depends on the level of support you need and the nature of your condition. If a detox is needed, this will need to happen on an inpatient basis.
Day care and outpatient addiction counselling can be used as an entry-point to treatment, or they can be used as a step-down if you’ve already gone through residential treatment. For more detailed information on our expert codeine addiction rehab, as well as the addiction therapy we can offer, please visit our approach to addiction treatment page.
Our specialist codeine addiction treatment team
Our expert team at Priory have lots of experience in treating all forms of drug addictions, including treatment for prescription drug addictions. We make sure that the help you get for your codeine addiction is personalised to you so you can achieve the best outcomes for you as an individual, and a healthy future.
Our beautiful treatment environments give you a caring, safe and non-judgemental place to address your issues and take steps towards achieving a full and sustainable recovery. You really are in safe hands with Priory.
Book a FREE Confidential Assessment at your Nearest Priory Hospital Today.