Priory’s Secondary Addiction Care Service
Addiction of any type can have a destructive impact on an individual, along with their family and friends. When addiction takes hold, what was once important, such as family, friends, work and social interests, is dominated by the addiction.
Whilst an initial, residential Addiction Treatment Programme provides support to help individuals address their addiction and acquire effective life skills for the future, many people benefit from ongoing support once they have completed their programme, to help them live their life in recovery.
This is where the Priory Secondary Addiction Care Service at The Elphis in Mill Hill, Barnet, can help to prepare you for your future.
The Secondary Addiction Care Service at The Elphis will help with:
- Reinforcing and building on the techniques learnt during your intensive care programme
- Additional therapy to support specific areas of concern, relating to your reintegration back into your everyday life e.g. relationships, traumas and cross-addictions
- A structured transition back into family living, to support both you and your family
- Re-establishing a support network
- Ongoing therapy for both your addiction and any co-occurring mental health conditions
- Building relapse prevention into your daily life
- Focusing on re-building your daily life skills, such as managing finances
- Practising your new skills within a safe and comfortable environment
- Developing a realistic ‘life plan’ to help to set a future direction for your return back to your day-to-day life
- A strengthening of the first steps already taken into abstinence in the ‘outside world’
Clients of The Elphis will typically have completed a 28-day Addiction Treatment Programme, which may have been with Priory or at other treatment centres. We can support those who have experienced any type of substance or behavioural addiction.
Priory is the UK’s leading independent provider of addiction treatment and offers a full addiction support care pathway, from our intensive 28-day residential programmes, through to day care and outpatient support.
Our Secondary Addiction Care Service is ideal for those who wish to continue their addiction treatment journey, or those completing their primary treatment with a third party who wish to continue into secondary care.
You will receive high-quality therapy, safe in the knowledge that you will benefit from a robust governance structure, and established expertise in addiction treatment. Priory place great importance on maintaining high standards of quality and safety, and like all Priory healthcare sites, we work with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) to ensure that these standards are met.
Priory’s Secondary Addiction Care Service at The Elphis offers a blend of ongoing therapy, alongside a structured programme, encouraging a gradual introduction to life in recovery and managing the temptation to return to addictive behaviours. Delivered in a safe and comfortable environment, with the support of our expert therapy team and your fellow clients, we provide the perfect opportunity for you to work towards your personal goals.
Book a FREE Confidential Assessment at your Nearest Priory Hospital Today.
For more information about the addiction services that Priory offer, download our brochure.Get our brochure