National recognition for Priory Highbank's staff training and development
Priory Highbank Centre has received a national award for the high quality of its staff training and development.
The centre, in Bury, which specialises in acquired brain injury and neurological rehabilitation, has been accredited with an Investors in People (IiP) Silver award.
The rigorous IiP inspection commended the centre on a wide range of its training strategies and outcomes including:
- A clear commitment to the training and development of all staff
- Staff believe the training they receive is good and helps them develop professionally
- A Staff Management Forum ensuring staff involvement
- Staff being actively encouraged to raise ideas and suggestions and give feedback to managers
- Staff believing there is an open and honest culture
- Good practice being shared among managers through regular meetings and peer reviews
- Managers being effective in leading and supporting their staff
- Teamwork is well-developed and knowledge shared effectively
- Clear links between training and the organisation’s objectives
Helen Powell, Hospital Director at Priory Highbank Centre, said: “Being awarded a Silver by Investors in People is testimony to the hard work we have carried out in developing our people and our services.
“The accreditation reflects our policy of continual improvement and development of our staff and it’s a fitting reward for the level of effort and commitment shown by employees at Priory Highbank Centre.
“We are very proud to have received this nationally-recognised accreditation, which demonstrates how we are leading the way in neurorehabilitation services.”
IiP helps managers and employees to develop their skills and improve their performance across the business.
Services at Highbank are provided through a number of units which include:
- Neurorehabilitation - Walmersley Unit
- Children's Continuing Care Unit - Lynne House
- Adult Continuing Care - Elton Unit
- Cognitive Care Service - Robinson House
The service offers care, support and encouragement to help patients regain their maximum physical, emotional and social capabilities in an environment that offers individual care and positive outcomes.
For further information on Priory services offered to the NHS, including rehabilitation-focused treatment programmes for those living with a brain injury, please call our dedicated 24/7 customer service centre on 0800 090 1356. Alternatively, click here to submit an enquiry form