Read Priory Healthcare's statement about media coverage
Dr Sylvia Tang, Consultant Psychiatrist and Priory Group Medical Director, said: “Our hospitals treat more than 20,000 patients every year, many of whom have very severe mental health issues and, frequently, a history of serious self-harm and attempted suicide. It is tragic when any person takes their own life and we are truly sorry that there have been occasions where we have not lived up to the very high standards that we set ourselves. But we are not complacent and the safety of our patients is our first priority. We undertake a full investigation after each and every incident and make changes where necessary to improve the care we provide. We are also investing £30 million per year in our sites to ensure they are some of the safest in the country and are environments in which our patients can enjoy the best possible quality of life. We stand by the quality of our services, with more than 80% of our hospitals being rated as “good”, “outstanding” or “fully compliant” by the independent health watchdog, the CQC. When benchmarked against all other providers, this is significantly above the national average.”
- Priory Group has a strong track record of making a real and lasting difference for the people we support, as evidenced in our patient videos on this website.
- Priory is investing £30m per year in its facilities to ensure patients continue to be cared for safely and in an atmosphere conducive to the best possible quality of life.
- Currently more than 80% of Priory healthcare services are rated as good, outstanding or fully compliant, which is among the highest ratings of all providers in the country.
- All treatments – therapies and medication - are prescribed in the best interests of patients in accordance with NICE guidelines
The safety and wellbeing of our patients is our first priority and we closely monitor our patient satisfaction scores. Last year:
- 95% of patients surveyed in Acute Mental Health services were satisfied with their care.
- 91% of our Rehabilitation and Recovery patients felt they were treated with respect at all times.
- 89% of young people in Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) showed improvement in their overall mental wellbeing.
- 93% of Eating Disorder patients gained weight during treatment, up from 90% in 2014-15.
- 94% of patients in Addiction treatment would recommend us to a friend.
- 96% of young people in Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services felt their healthcare professionals listened to and understood their problems.
For all media inquiries, please email: email@example.com which is continually monitored, including at weekends.