Offering a caring and relaxed environment, I focus on discovering the origin of the problem, understanding the relationship between our thinking, feelings and actions, and learning techniques for overcoming these difficulties. I specialise in treating depression and anxiety disorders by creating a bespoke treatment plan utilising a cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) approach. I create a safe space for clients to speak freely without fear of judgement. My therapeutic style is compassion focused.
Ailish Oliver initially joined the Priory in 2016-2018 as a Healthcare Assistant at Priory Hospital Potters Bar and shortly after Priory Hospital North London, working on the child and adolescent unit.
In 2020, Ailish joined Priory Wellbeing Centre Fenchurch Street as a Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist, offering weekly individual treatment with clients. Her provisional accreditation with the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) is currently pending. Ailish strictly adheres to professional standards and NICE guideline recommendations.
Ailish has an Undergraduate Degree in Psychology at Sheffield Hallam University. She enjoyed gaining experience within the voluntary sector, including a mental health placement aboard in Sri Lanka. After graduating from her Undergraduate Degree, she gained extensive experience working with adolescents (presenting with depression, anxiety, self-harm, psychosis, OCD/BDD and eating disorders) as a Healthcare Assistant within the Priory.
Ailish studied at the University of Hertfordshire completing a Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapies. During the Postgraduate Diploma, she completed clinical placements within the voluntary sector and private practice, working with both adolescents and adults. Currently, Ailish is studying for her Master of Science Degree in CBT at the University of Hertfordshire.
- Ailish has a keen interest in research, particularly interested in our relationship with sleep, mental health and mindfulness.
- Anger Management
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ADHD and ADD
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Eating Disorders
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Perinatal Depression
- Personality Disorders
- Self Harm
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- BSc (Hons), Psychology (Sheffield Hallam University)
- PGDip, Cognitive and Behavioural Psychotherapies (University of Hertfordshire)
- Working towards MSc, Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapies (University of Hertfordshire)