I offer an integrated therapeutic approach, tailoring interventions according to the needs of the individual. Although psychodynamic concepts form the foundations of my work, I engage clients with philosophical and humanistic approaches. I honour the therapeutic relationship at the heart of the work, inviting clients into a safe space without fear of judgement.
Ashley Marshall has recently joined the Priory team, working as a sessional psychotherapist. She is an accredited member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Ashley has five years’ experience working within the forensic field, delivering both individual and group sessions. These include 12-step substance misuse programmes, anger management and mindfulness. She made the transition to the private sector, helping hospitalised patients with mild to severe mental health conditions.
Ashley has experience of working with anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder and treatment-resistant schizophrenia.
- Background in Psychology, completing her degree at the University of Sussex
- Studied existential psychotherapy at the New School of Psychotherapy and Counselling, before completing training at Regent’s University
- Currently in the midst of completing a Masters degree.
- Trained to deliver psychoanalytic, psychodynamic, existential and humanistic therapy.
- Through her experience of working in mental health hospitals, Ashley is competent in utilising CBT and DBT informed techniques.
- Ashley has been involved in addiction and substance misuse research.
- She has an interest in attachment
- Addiction Treatment
- Adjustment Disorder
- Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Anger Management
- Anxiety Attack Treatment
- Bipolar Disorder
- Drug Induced Psychosis
- Drug Rehabilitation
- Gambling Addiction
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorders (OSFED)
- Perinatal Depression
- Personality Disorders
- Self Harm
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- Work Addiction
- (BSc) University of Sussex - BSc Psychology
- (PgDip) Regents University – Diploma Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling (completing MA)
- New School of Psychotherapy and Counselling – Foundation certificate in existential psychotherapy