I am an Integrative Counsellor & Psychotherapist with over 17 years’ experience of helping people suffering from mild to severe psychological difficulties within various Healthcare Organisations and NHS settings. I am a Senior Accredited member of The BACP and abide by their Ethical Code of Practice.
62 The Avenue
Barbara Hart currently works with clients presenting with a wide range of issues such as anxiety, stress and depression. Barbara also specialises in working with those affected by eating disorders and those concerned with their eating habits and body image.
Barbara utilises evidence based approaches in working with compulsive, emotional and over-eating, Binge Eating Disorder, Bulimia Nervosa* and Anorexia Nervosa* (*in conjunction with their Consultant).
Barbara also works with body image concerns, body distortion, pre-bariatric psychological support and lifestyle change.
- Barbara has a Master's degree in Counselling and Psychotherapy. She also has an Advanced Diploma in Person Centred Counselling and Hypno-Analysis.
- Barbara has a Diploma in Hypnotherapy and in the Legacy of Childhood Trauma. She has a Certificate and Foundation in Mindfulness and a Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
- Barbara is a mindfulness based eating awareness training instructor.
- Barbara is now training to become a Mindful Self Compassion Teacher where she intends to incorporate this approach more fully into her practice.
Barbara previously conducted a research study of the effects of an evidence based mindfulness based approach (including mindful eating techniques and self-compassion) on over-eating, binge-eating and wellbeing. As part of her Masters Dissertation, this study highlighted significant positive changes in participants’ wellbeing, self-compassion and changes to their lifestyle.
- Anger Management
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Anxiety Attack Treatment
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Eating Disorders
- Exercise Addiction
- Food Addiction
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorders (OSFED)
- a. MA in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- b. Advanced Diploma in Person Centred Counselling
- c. Mindfulness Based Eating Awareness Training Instructor
- d. Advanced Diploma in Hypno-Analysis
- e. Diploma in Hypnotherapy
- f. Certificate and Foundation in Mindfulness
- g. Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- h. Diploma in the Legacy of Childhood Trauma