As a therapist, I feel it is important to create a safe and non-judgemental environment for the client to be heard. I believe that if the client can experience warmth and acceptance within the relationship, then change will occur. My role is to provide the correct conditions to facilitate change within the therapeutic relationship, so the client can trust in the process.
62 The Avenue
Carole Robb is an Addiction Therapist at Priory Wellbeing Centre Southampton, and an accredited Member of the BACP. Carole currently works with clients presenting with a wide range of issues including addictions, anxiety and depression and bereavement.
As well as her responsibilities at Priory Wellbeing Centre Southampton and Priory Connect, she works with another counselling organisation who treats people with gambling and alcohol addictions. They also see private clients who present with various issues including anxiety and depression and many other complex problems. Carole also has her own private practice.
- Carole embarked on her therapeutic training in 2012 choosing a person-centred approach offering a warm, caring, non-judgemental environment.
- She has continued to adapt her approach to one that is more integrative and recently completed An Introduction to CBT at Southampton University focusing on anxiety and depression.
- She has completed yearly training events run by Gamcare to be able to provide therapy to Gambling Addicts and embarks on alcohol addiction awareness programmes.
- She has over 7 years of experience working with adults, young adults and couples in a therapeutic relationship.
- Addiction Treatment
- Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Anger Management
- Bipolar Disorder
- Cannabis Addiction
- Drug Rehabilitation
- Gambling Addiction
- Gaming Addiction
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Online Therapy
- Personality Disorders
- Self Harm
- Shopping Addiction
- Accredited Member of BACP
- BA (Hons) Degree in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Gambling and Alcohol addiction
- Certificate in Introduction to CBT
- Motivational Interviewing