Caroline is trained primarily in psychodynamic therapy, also offering related therapy models adapted to each person including dynamic interpersonal therapy, dialectical behavioural therapy and couples therapy. Caroline works with bereavement issues, relationship issues, depression adjustment disorder, childhood trauma, and anxiety disorders connected to past trauma. Caroline offers specialist assessments and therapy, alongside supervision and mentoring.
Caroline believes in helping you to understand your symptoms better, to learn what things help and hinder your emotional wellbeing, and recognise what changes are needed to maintain progress long-term. Caroline aspires to help you to improve your emotional wellbeing.
Position at Priory
Caroline is a sessional/psychodynamic therapist working with Priory since 2008 and has been fully accredited with the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) for over 15 years.
Caroline has also worked with the NHS, currently within the enhanced service as a psychotherapist, since 2000, working with individuals and groups as part of her role, especially around the area of borderline personality disorder. Caroline is also a qualified clinical supervisor and has supervised as part of her role within the NHS.
30,000 word dissertation (research training) on social anxiety being treated with cognitive behavioural therapy.
- BA (hons) psychology and health – Manchester Metropolitan University.
- Dynamic interpersonal therapy (DIT) practitioner – IAPT trained
- Member British Association Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) (accredited for over 15 years)
- PGDip clinical supervision – University of Chester
- PGDip psychodynamic therapy – University of Birmingham
- Postgraduate certificate – couples therapy – with Relate