Catherine Latham is a Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist (CBT), based at Priory Wellbeing Centre Manchester. She is a professional member of BABCP, and is also registered on two parts of the NMC professional register.
Cathy has gained 36 years of experience working for the NHS, offering quality treatment interventions and support. Her background encompasses general and psychiatric nursing, prior to working in Psychology.
- Cathy utilises a comprehensive and bio-psychosocial approach that is individualised and bespoke
- She has worked in acute, community and rehabilitation services including alcohol detoxification
- She has provided and taught training packages to a range of audiences
- She has also worked with people with severe and enduring mental health problems in psychiatry, as well as with common mental health problems within psychological services
- She has experience of working with co-morbid physical and mental health problems and presently delivers CBT interventions for a wide range of conditions
- She is committed to delivering the highest standards of care and evidence based interventions
Cathy has trained as a Registered General nurse (RGN), Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN), and has a BSc (Hons) and PG (Dip) in CBT. She has also trained in EMDR.
- Cathy has been involved with compiling a clinical audit of a pilot project she undertook with patients with co-morbid physical and mental health problems. This pilot and audit improved the health and wellbeing outcomes for patients with COPD and was shortlisted for the Health Service Journal (HSJ) care integration awards.
Clinical articles and research papers
- Cathy has written a toolkit and workbook for the integration of physical and mental health. This booklet includes handouts and worksheets to help people to work through all aspects of their presenting problems in a systematic and easy to understand format.
- BSc (Hons)
- PG (Dip) CBT
- Registered General Nurse (RGN)
- Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN)