I provide insightful cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) that empowers, emboldens and encourages personal growth. We will embark upon a process of perceiving your life experiences, including your thoughts, emotions, ideas and beliefs, in order to re-frame those experiences, allowing you to take back authority over your own life. After all, therapy is not just a process of coming to terms with who one is, but also, the life one lives.
Personally, I am emotionally present, light hearted, direct and supportive. My experience has involved working with anxiety, depression, domestic abuse, eating disorders and obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), to name but a few.
I am available to be contacted should you wish to explore further whether the therapy I offer is suitable for you.
Eating disorders – writing a book chapter for a project in partnership with world leading eating disorder specialists.
Exercise psychology – infographic development on the cognition of exercise motivation in partnership with Lifestyles Leisure Centres Liverpool, leading to the support and development of their GP referral scheme.
Links to clinical articles/research papers:
- Eating Disorder Book (Publish date 2023)
- Lifestyles Liverpool – For scheme see: https://lifestyles.liverpool.gov.uk/gp-referrals/
- Adjustment Disorder
- Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Anger Management
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Cannabis Addiction
- Cocaine Addiction
- Eating Disorders
- Exercise Addiction
- Food Addiction
- Gender Dysphoria
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- CBT (Msc) University of Salford (in progress/TBC)
- CBT (PgDip) University of Salford
- Sports Psychology (Bsc) Lancaster University/LJMU