I am committed to providing a safe and supportive therapeutic environment for my clients.
Cherisse Amusa joined Priory in April 2020 as part of the Telephone Assessment Team. Cherisse is a Registered Member of BACP.
- Cherisse Amusa is a trained Integrative Psychotherapist for adults. In 2019, after four years training, she obtained her qualification as a Psychotherapist, specialising in Transactional Analysis
- She has extensive experience in Criminal Justice of over 10 years. She has experience of running practice development groups in relation to working with Forensic clients with mental health difficulties. She has previously worked with individuals in residential drug rehabilitation units.
- She has experience of working with patients within CAMHS and Personality Disorder units.
- Since completing her psychotherapy training she has continued to work on a voluntary basis with African Caribbean Mental Health Service.
- Cherisse has an interest in working with Intergenerational Trauma, Identity and Attachment.
- BA (Hons) Criminology and Cultural Studies
- Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy
- Graduate Diploma in Community Justice and Probation Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Drug Use and Addictions