With 13 years post graduate experience working alongside children and adults with a range of mental and emotional health problems, and a keen interest in complementary therapies and holistic care, I am a well rounded practitioner with a genuine concern for my patients and their wellbeing.
Claire Baker has recently returned to the Priory Altrincham having last worked here as a Nursing Sister and Deputy Ward Manager 8 years ago. After a spell working within the community, during which time she returned to university to study Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Claire joined the Priory Therapy Team in July 2020 and is looking forward to working with both inpatients and out patients across all age ranges.
Claire is registered/ accredited with both the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapists and the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
Claire brings an effective blend of experience, knowledge and tools along with her empathic nature and a gently challenging approach to provide a safe and therapeutic space to help patients navigate and overcome their difficult experiences. Claire enjoys working with individuals of all ages, backgrounds, abilities, and is LGBTQIA+ friendly.
Claire maintains an impressive portfolio of training- including topics such:
- Transactional Analysis
- Social Learning Theory
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Working with victims of; Domestic Abuse, Honour Based Violence, FGM, Radicalisation/ PREVENT Strategy, Hoarding, Substance Misuse and Addictions
- Safeguarding both Children and Adults Level 4
- Claire has a particular interest in working with adolescents with Anorexia Nervosa, and people of all ages with Specific Phobia or Social Anxiety.
- Anger Management
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Eating Disorders
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Oppositional Defiance Disorder
- Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorders (OSFED)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Self Harm
- Young People’s Services
- DPSN Mental Health Nursing, University of Manchester, 2007
- Level 3 Diploma Holistic Health Practitioner, Complementary Medical Association, 2017- Ongoing
- PGCert in Mentorship, University of Manchester, 2012
- PGDip Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, University of Manchester , 2015
- VTCT/ ITEC Level 2 and Level 3 Diploma in Complementary Therapies, Central Manchester College of Health and Beauty, 2014 and 2015