With over 15 years postgraduate experience working alongside children and adults with a range of mental and emotional health problems, and a keen interest in complementary therapies and holistic care, Claire is a well-rounded practitioner.
Claire brings an effective blend of experience, knowledge and tools along with her empathic nature and a gently challenging approach to provide a safe and therapeutic space to help patients navigate and overcome their difficult experiences, with a genuine concern for her patients and their wellbeing. Claire enjoys working with individuals of all ages, backgrounds and abilities.
Position at Priory
Claire has recently returned to the Priory Altrincham having last worked here as a Nursing Sister and Deputy Ward Manager in 2012. After a spell nursing in the community, during which time she returned to university to study Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Claire joined the Priory Therapy Team in July 2020 and enjoys working with both inpatients and out patients across all age ranges, individually and in groups.
Claire is registered and fully accredited with both the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapists and the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
Qualification and Training
Claire maintains an impressive portfolio of continued professional development and training- including topics such as Transactional Analysis, Social Learning Theory, Mindfulness Based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Clinical skills in working with victims of; Domestic Abuse, Honour Based Violence, FGM, Radicalisation/ PREVENT Strategy and Hoarding. Claire is Level 4 Safeguarding trained for both Children and Adults.
Claire has had a career long interest in improving care for with patients with Eating Disorders and is currently writing her MSc dissertation regarding this topic, she hopes to carry this research forward into a PHD in coming years.
Claire is the Lead Therapist for our Bi-Polar Outpatient Group and has enjoyed writing the new Bi Polar Outpatient Treatment Programme for Priory Altrincham.
Claire also enjoys working with young children with bedtime anxiety and people of all ages with Specific Phobias.
Claire is an active member of the Priory LGBTQIA+ Network, involved in making strategic changes to improve the quality of care we offer to patients and staff from the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Certificate in Transdiagnostic CBTE for Eating Disorders, Oxford University NHS Trust, 2020.
- DPSN Mental Health Nursing, University of Manchester, 2007.
- Level 2 Diploma in Complementary Therapies, Central Manchester College of Health and Beauty, 2014
- Level 3 Diploma Holistic Health Practitioner, Complementary Medical Association, 2017- Ongoing.
- Level 3 Diploma in Complementary Therapies, Central Manchester College of Health and Beauty, 2015.
- MSc Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, University of Manchester, 2021- ongoing.
- PGCert in Mentorship, University of Manchester, 2012.
- PGDip Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, University of Manchester, 2015.