Deon Van Zyl
Deon van Zyl qualified as a Clinical Psychologist from the University of Stellenbosch, South Africa in 1989. He moved to the UK in 1995 and worked in the NHS for 8 years.
Deon has since worked in neurorehabilitation, private practice, and at Priory. He has extensive clinical experience in the areas of adult and child psychology.
He offers assessment and therapeutic intervention to adults and young people with psychological difficulties such as depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Deon is trained in a wide range of therapeutic interventions and draws on principles from cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), psychodynamic therapy, and eye movement desensitisation (EMDR) therapy.
In addition to offering therapy, Deon is also a specialist neuropsychologist.
- Adjustment Disorder
- Anger Management
- Asperger Syndrome
- Attachment Disorder
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ADHD and ADD
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Sex and Love Addiction
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Young People’s Services
- BA, BA(Hons), MA (Clin Psych)