Doris Mpemba Fimpa
I offer a number of different therapeutic approaches. I am an advanced cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) therapist, person-centred therapy (PCT) therapist, eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR) practitioner and mindfulness teacher practitioner, and also offer rewind techniques and hypnotherapy.
I offer counselling for children and young people, adults and couples regarding any issues that are affecting them. This includes issues such as depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), lack of confidence, low self-esteem, personal development and more.
I have worked in mental health for many years. I am a specialist in bereavement and loss as well as psychological issues following road traffic accidents.
After working for 20 years with children and young people, and working with adults since 2010, I understand our beginnings; everyone is different, with a different story. I am a non-judgemental, friendly person.
I base my therapy on a client’s mood at the time so I will not push you to go any faster and I accept my clients as they are. I accept everyone no matter what they are saying. I will help you explore the core of your problems and working from that, we can to make a quick recovery at your own pace. I will provide you with the tools and resources that you need to live better.
Position at Priory
I started working with Priory Group as a therapist in March 2022.
I am an accredited member of the National Counselling Society (MNCS), member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and member of the British Association for Behavioural Counselling and Psychotherapies (BABCP).
- Advance Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Diploma - Manchester Centre of Excellence
- Certificate in Mindfulness Teaching – UK College of Mindfulness Meditation - Mindfulness Now
- Certificate Working with Couples Training Course
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Diploma - Manchester Centre of Excellence
- Diploma in Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) - Manchester Centre of Excellence
- Essential Supervision Skills- The British Psychological Society
- Hypnotherapy – Manchester
- Level 5 Professional Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling – The Manchester College
- Rewind Techniques - York University (International Association For Rewind Trauma Therapy)
- Working in a service for bereaved children and young people