Dr Allen Shand
Dr Allen Shand is a visiting consultant psychiatrist and has been practising out of Priory Wellbeing Centre Aberdeen since 2011. He sees adults with a wide range of disorders, including depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
In addition to the above Dr Shand also has expertise in treating seasonal affective disorder (SAD).
He offers prompt appointments and runs early evening clinics, but other times can be accommodated.
- MB ChB 1999, University of Aberdeen
- MRCPsych 2003, Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Basic Psychiatric training, Aberdeen
- Specialist Psychiatric Training, Aberdeen
Dr Shand has a research interest in bipolar disorder and SAD.
Clinical articles and research papers:
- The Seasonality of bipolar affective disorder: Comparison with a primary care sample using the Seasonal Pattern Assessment Questionnaire; Journal of Affective Disorders 2011
- Seasonal symptoms in bipolar and primary care patients; Journal of Affective Disorders 2011
- White Matter Integrity in Individuals at High Risk of Bipolar Disorder; Biological Psychiatry 2011
- Addiction Treatment
- Adjustment Disorder
- Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Anger Management
- Anxiety Attack Treatment
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Heroin Addiction
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Perinatal Depression
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Honorary Senior Lecturer , University of Aberdeen
- MB ChB ( Bachelor of medicine and surgery)
- MRCPsych (Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists)