I am a specialist with broad clinical experience, having worked with very difficult and complex psychological problems. I love my work and am very dedicated to my clients. I have been able to help so many people to get their lives back and knowing they are doing well is very rewarding!
Dr Ana Reis
Dr Reis is a principal clinical psychologist at Priory Wellbeing Centre Fenchurch Street, in London. She works mostly on Tuesdays (11am to 8pm) but sometimes works on Wednesdays (9am to 5pm) too.
She is registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and has experience with both children and adults (working and older adults).
She has broad experience working with a wide range of problems and has expertise working with personality problems, trauma, relationship difficulties, bereavement, difficulties managing emotions and attachment problems. She also has experience working with clients with mood, anxiety and physical health problems (cancer, chronic fatigue, pain and other chronic illnesses). Finally she is also an expert in neuropsychology and can assess and design an intervention for those with a neuropsychological problem (e.g. stroke, brain tumours, etc.).
Dr Reis applies different therapy models in her work according to her clients’ difficulties and personal characteristics, but mostly follows the psychodynamic psychotherapy model in her practice.
Dr Reis was trained in Oxford in Clinical Psychology (doctorate level). She is also a clinical supervisor trained by the University of Oxford. Dr Reis trained qualified and non-qualified students at University of Oxford and University of Cambridge.
Dr Reis was trained in different models of intervention such as psychodynamic therapies (individual and group), cognitive analytical therapy (CAT), cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), arts therapy, psychodrama and family therapy.
Dr Reis is interested in researching the areas of attachment and emotion regulation. This topic is very important in mental health and can provide an impact on people’s quality of life.
Clinical Articles and Research Papers
- From Aug 2014 - Effects of Proton-Therapy on children’s cognitive functioning when treating brain tumours (To be published)
- April 2012 – Aug 2013 - Parent-infant interaction when parents have a Personality Disorder (published in the International Journal of Therapeutic Communities)
- Aug 2011 – Jan 2012 - Service-related project: The impact of previous therapy at step 3 (High-intensity intervention) when the patient has been previously seen for treatment at step2 (low-intensity interventions) – the Oxfordshire Improving Access to Psychological Therapies service
- Sep 2006-Sep 2007 - Divorce and Parental Separation: Consequences and effects on the Offspring (Master’s dissertation)
- Out 2007-May 2008 - Effects Analysis of Psychodrama on Pre-Adolescents’ challenging behaviour and prevention of disturbance in adolescence. Oporto Hospital Centre - Department of Children and Adolescents Mental Health (published in Jornal de Pediatria, Portugal)
- Addiction Treatment
- Adjustment Disorder
- Anger Management
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ADHD and ADD
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Cannabis Addiction
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Cocaine Addiction
- Drug Induced Psychosis
- Drug Rehabilitation
- Eating Disorders
- Ecstasy / MDMA Addiction
- Exercise Addiction
- Food Addiction
- Gambling Addiction
- Gaming Addiction
- Gender Dysphoria
- Internet Addiction
- Legal High Addiction Treatment
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Oppositional Defiance Disorder
- Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorders (OSFED)
- Perinatal Depression
- Personality Disorders
- Plastic Surgery Addiction
- Porn Addiction
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Selective Mutism
- Self Harm
- Sex and Love Addiction
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Shopping Addiction
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Stimulant Addiction
- Tourette's Syndrome
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- Work Addiction
- Young People’s Services
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology , Oxford University
- Registered Psychologist by the Health and Care Professions Council