Dr Arghya Sarkhel
- Mindfulness based approach to Assessment and Treatment
- More than 20 years of experience in Psychiatry
- Completed Basic and Higher Specialist Training approved by The Royal College of Psychiatrists in UK
- On Specialist Register in Adult Psychiatry, Old Age Psychiatry and Liaison Psychiatry
- Awarded Fellowship by The Royal College of Psychiatrists for contribution in Psychiatry
- Examiner of MRCPsych – appointed by The Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Awarded Clinical Excellent awards by NHS Trust
- Honorary Lecturer in Imperial College, London
- Currently working as a substantive Consultant Psychiatrist in NHS
- Research/Audit - Adult ADHD and Substance misuse, Clozapine use in Psychotic and non-Psychotic disorders, High Dose Antipsychotic Therapy
Sarkhel A, Butterworth L, Varugheese J, Rao H, Luty J
Xenophobia in general psychiatry journals
Ethnicity and inequalities in Health and Social Care 2009; 2(3): 29-31
Easow J, Sethi P, Sarkhel A, Luty J
A Retrospective Sibling Study of Childhood Adjustment in Adults with Substance Use Disorders
Journal of Addiction Medicine 2008; 2(3): 135-138
Luty J, Rao H, Arokiadass S, Easow J, Sarkhel A
The repentant sinner: methods to reduce stigmatised attitudes towards mental illness
Psychiatr. Bull 2008; 32(9): 327-332.
Luty J, Umoh O, Sessay M, and Sarkhel A
Effectiveness of Changing Minds campaign factsheets in reducing stigmatised attitudes towards mental illness
Psychiatr. Bull 2007; 31: 377 - 381.
Trathen B, O’Gara C, Sarkhel A, Sessay M, Rao H, Luty J
Co-morbidity and Cannabis use in a mental health trust in South East England
Addictive Behaviors 2007; 32(10): 2164 – 2177.
Luty J, Sarkhel A, O’Gara C, Umoh O
Prevalence of childhood ADHD in opiate- dependent adults
International Journal of Psychiatry in Clinical Practice 2007;11(2):157-162.
Sarkhel A, Thomas C, Shah A
Psychiatric needs of Elderly Prisoners
Geriatric Medicine 2006; 36(2): 23-26.
Sarkhel A, Lopes A, Shah A
Special Patients: how to manage them
Geriatric Medicine 2005; 35(11): 17-22.
Book Review – Our Journey Through High Functioning Autism & Aspergers Syndrome: A Roadmap
Br J Learning Disabilities 2002; 30(2): 91-92.
10. Banerjee T K, Mukherjee C S and Sarkhel A
Stroke in the Urban Population of Calcutta – An Epidemiological Study Neuroepedemiology 2001; 20(3):201-207.
11. Sarkhel A, Ghosh S, Bhattacharya N and Banerjee T.K.
A study on Focal Epilepsy.
J Assoc Physicians India 1995; 43: 915-916.
12. Ghosh S, Sarkhel A, Bose A Banerjee. T.K.
Bilateral visual impairment of nonocular cause - a profile
J Assoc Physicians India. 1995; 43: 916.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ADHD and ADD
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Attack Treatment
- Perinatal Depression
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Psychoses (CAMHS)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Transcultural Mental Health Issues
- Trauma Counselling
- MB BS, FRCPsych, DPM (Dublin), MSc in Neuroscience