As a Clinical Psychologist I can work with a wide range of mental health difficulties across the lifespan and within a wide range of therapeutic models including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Schema Therapy, Compassion Focussed Therapy (CFT) and Mindfulness.
Dr Emma Fowler-Stewart
Dr Emma Fowler-Stewart is a Clinical Psychologist and has been working in the Eating Disorders service in the Priory Glasgow since 2016. Emma is a member of the HCPC.
Emma completed her Doctorate in Clinical Psychology through the University of Edinburgh with her clinical work based in Aberdeen. During this time Emma worked within a range of psychological models and in a variety of departments including adult services, CAMHS, older adults and completed specialist placements in Learning Disabilities and Eating Disorders. The training also involved working with individuals, families and staff groups.
Prior to completing her doctorate Emma trained as a Clinical Associate in Applied Psychology through the University of Edinburgh and worked within an Early Intervention service in Glasgow. This role involved the completion of a Masters degree in Applied Psychology for Children and Young people.
Emma is also a qualified primary school teacher with a postgraduate degree in Primary Education from the Strathclyde University.
Emma’s undergraduate degree in Psychology was completed through the University of Glasgow.
Emma has been involved in several research projects as part of her training these areas include:
- Evaluating a specialist Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) service
- Evaluating an anxiety management programme for children
- A systematic review of caregiver experiences of eating disorder intervention
- Qualitative exploration of burnout management within eating disorder services
- Adjustment Disorder
- Anger Management
- Anxiety Attack Treatment
- Asperger Syndrome
- Attachment Disorder
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ADHD and ADD
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Conduct Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Oppositional Defiance Disorder
- Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorders (OSFED)
- Perinatal Depression
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Selective Mutism
- Self Harm
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy)
- Masters in Applied Psychology for Children and Young People (Msc)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Primary Education (PGDE)
- Undergraduate Degree in Psychology (M.A. Hons)