Dr Fahd Cheema
Dr Fahd Cheema is a visiting consultant psychiatrist at the Priory Hospital Glasgow. He has expertise in assessment and management of adults with a wide range of conditions including Depression, Anxiety, Bipolar Affective Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and comorbid issues with Alcohol and Substance Misuse.
As special interest in Liaison Psychiatry, he has skills for assessment of psychiatric conditions coexisting with physical health problems such as Diabetes, Cystic Fibrosis as well as Dissociative Disorders and Medically Unexplained Symptoms.
Dr Cheema is an experienced clinician who takes pride in attaining patient satisfaction while working with them in expediting their journey to recovery.
Dr Cheema's clinics are on Wednesday and Thursday evenings but other times could be accommodated.
- Basic and Higher Psychiatric Training, Guy’s Kings & St Thomas and West of Scotland Training Schemes
Dr Cheema is interested in conducting Quality improvement projects in order to strive for safe and patient centred care. He has conducted various projects to try to improve physical health of patients experiencing mental illness.
Clinical articles and research papers
- Cheema FA. Book Review; Lives with Autism. International journal of Developmental Disabilities. Vol. 62, Issue. 1, 2016.
- Cheema F, Kalra G, Bhugra D. Globalisation and mental health. Context and controversies. Journal of Pakistan Psychiatric Society. July-Dec 2010; 7(2), 55-60
- Cheema FA. Book Review; Oxford Core Text Book of Psychiatry. International Review of Psychiatry. 2010, Vol. 22, No. 1, Pages 90-90.
- Niaz S, Arshad N, M Haroon, Cheema FA, Mufti KA, Chaudhry HR. A 12 year follow up of a sample of patient’s dependent upon heroin International Psychiatry. Bulletin of the Board of International Affairs of Royal College of Psychiatrists. Issue 4, Vol 4 October 2007.
- Chaudhry HR, Arshad N, Niaz S, Cheema FA, Iqbal MM, Haroon M. Frequency of depression after death of spouse. Pakistan Journal of Medical Sciences. 2005 Vol. 21 No. 4. October - December.
- Chaudhry H R, Arshad N, Niaz S, Cheema F A, Iqbal M M, Mufti K. A Fifteen year follow up of patients with Conversion Disorder. International Psychiatry. Bulletin of the Board of International Affairs of Royal College of Psychiatrists. Issue 10, October 2005.
- Chaudhry HR, Cheema FA, Ahmad N, Mujtaba M, Hussain F. Psychiatric illness in Parkinson’s disease. Pakistan Journal of Neurology; Jan-Jun, 2004 10 No 1
- Cheema FA, Qayyum K, Ahmad N, Makhdoomi A, Safdar A, Asif A, Chaudhry HR. Significant variables associated with Epilepsy. Journal of College of Physicians and Surgeons, Pakistan. Jul 2003; 13 (7): 388-90.
- Qayyum K, Cheema FA, Asif A, Safdar A, Chaudhry HR. Prescription pattern of Benzodiazepines in Outpatients of a teaching hospital. Journal of Pakistan Psychiatric Society. Feb 2003 Vol 1 No.1
- Ali SS, Cheema FA, Ahmed N, Chaudhry HR, Graf M; Depression in Parkinson's disease. Med Channel 2002; 8(4): 25.
- Adjustment Disorder
- Anxiety Attack Treatment
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Drug Induced Psychosis
- Gender Dysphoria
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Perinatal Depression
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Harm
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- MBBS, University of Karachi (2000)
- MRCPsych (2010), Member of The Royal College of Psychiatrists