Dr Haitham Nadeem
Dr Nadeem has been a consultant psychiatrist in the NHS since 2006. He is currently the consultant for the Home Treatment Team and for the Drug and Alcohol Service in Salford.
Dr Nadeem sees out patients at the Priory Hospital, Altrincham. His areas of expertise include:
- Drug and Alcohol Dependence
- General adult psychiatry
- Dual Diagnosis (Substance Misuse with Mental health problems)
Dr Nadeem qualified in medicine in 1994. He started his psychiatric training in West Yorkshire in the year 2000. In 2002 he started his higher psychiatric training in Oxford.
After gaining the membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists in 2003, he worked in psychopharmacology research at the university of Oxford, Department of neurosciences.
Dr Nadeem did a Masters degree in clinical psychiatry at Leeds University. Dr Nadeem is trained as a general adult psychiatrist and as an addiction psychiatrist. He has a certificate of advanced training in motivational interviewing.
Areas of Interest
Dr Nadeem has a particular interest in the following areas:
- Treatment and recovery of alcohol or drug problems
- dual diagnosis (people having a combination of mental health and substance misuse problems)
- misuse of prescribed or over the counter medications
Dr Nadeem carried out research and has published in the fields of psychopharmacology, medical education and genetics of schizophrenia.
- Addiction Treatment
- Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Bipolar Disorder
- Drug Rehabilitation
- Legal High Addiction Treatment
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Trauma Counselling
- MB ChB