I always aim to provide a high quality individual service to everyone I see and I am fortunate to have a wealth of experience to assist me in giving up to date evidence based care. I believe that feedback from patients I have seen in my clinic is so valuable and that their views on how I practice are really helpful to future young people and their families who are considering coming to see me for assessment and treatment. I collect anonymous feedback from the young people I see in my clinic to help me continue to learn and to ensure young people and their families are happy with my care.
No.1, 3rd Floor
Dr Hayley Van Zwanenberg
Dr Van Zwanenberg joined The Priory Group in 2012 as a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist at Priory Hospital Woodbourne at that point she worked as a consultant on the CAMHS inpatient wards. Towards the end of 2012, Dr Van Zwanenberg was promoted to Medical Director of Woodbourne and soon after, also became the Medical Director at Priory Hospital Nottingham.
In 2016, Dr Van Zwanenberg took on the responsibility of becoming Clinical Director for Priory’s national network of Wellbeing Centres. Shortly after, in 2017, Dr Van Zwanenberg was promoted to Group Associate Medical Director for Priory, as well as becoming Priory’s Responsible Officer.
Dr Van Zwanenberg is also actively involved in providing expert opinion to both national and international press. She is regularly approached for quotes, blogs and views on prominent issues, by a number of high profile publications including The Times, The Telegraph, The Express, The Daily Mail, The Huffington Post, The New York Times, and others.
Dr van Zwanenberg has been running her own private clinics alongside her other responsibilities since 2012. In her clinic she helps young people below the age of 18 who are requiring mental health assessment and treatment by a Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist. She has strong links to highly qualified therapists at the Priory Wellbeing centres so she can organise all therapies that might be required to help a young person recover and clinicians to offer these therapies. At time Dr van Zwanenberg may also recommend medication. Her current clinic is based at the Priory Wellbeing Centre in Oxford.
Dr Van Zwanenberg graduated from The University of Nottingham Medical School in 1999 with a Bachelor of Medicine-Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree. She then completed her Masters of Medical Science (MMedSci) postgraduate degree at Nottingham University graduating in 2005.
Dr Van Zwanenberg had always been interested in psychiatry and upon completion of her MMedSci, she commenced with psychiatry specialty training. She completed this in 2004 at, achieving her Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych) status. She has been a consultant Child and Adolescent psychiatrist since 2010, initially working in the NHS in Oxford, prior to moving to the Priory Group.
The below feedback is from young people Dr Van Zwanenberg has received recently in her clinic:
- Dr Hayley probably saved my son’s life. A great Doctor.
- When dealing with a person with mental illness it is essential that the patient feels that they are being believed by the Doctor who provides the treatment. Dr van Zwanenberg is able to build trust and rapport and is sympathetic, understanding and non-judgmental in her approach.
- Hayley has always been very accessible and helpful if we’ve needed to contact her between appointments.
- Without Doctor Hayley I am certain I would not be alive today and she has been a massive help to me and my family.
- She is very helpful
- She is so kind and supportive
- Dr Hayley van Zwanenberg is a very good doctor
- Very friendly and helpful.
- Brilliant Doctor, I gave up and Dr Hayley picked me back up and got be back to myself. I feel like she actually cares and respects what I say.
- Dr Hayley saved me from suicide and helped me turn my life around. She is the best!
- Dr Hayley has been very good for my daughter – she has been kind, caring and has explained her condition to us very well. My daughter was really poorly but is now well on the way to a good recovery thanks to Dr Hayley’s treatment and care.
- Very happy with the service Dr Hayley has provided.
- Very good doctor.
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Asperger Syndrome
- Attachment Disorder
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ADHD and ADD
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Conduct Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Oppositional Defiance Disorder
- Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorders (OSFED)
- Panic Attack Treatment
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Selective Mutism
- Self Harm
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Tourette's Syndrome
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- Young People’s Services
- Bachelor of Medicine-Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy
- Diploma in Systemic Family Therapy
- Masters of Medical Science (MMedSci) postgraduate degree
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych)