I have extensive experience in the treatment of a range of mental health problems of varying degrees of severity. I always strive to deliver compassionate, high quality patient care ensuring that the patient is always fully involved in decisions made about their treatment.
Dr Ian Nnatu
Dr Nnatu has been a consultant psychiatrist with the NHS since 2006 and he holds practising privileges at Priory Hospital North London and Priory Wellbeing Centre Harley Street and Fenchurch Street.
Dr Nnatu graduated from the College of Medicine, University of Lagos, Nigeria, in 1994 with a MBBS degree. He then completed his postgraduate psychiatric training in London with the Charing Cross and St Mary’s training scheme and he was awarded the MRCPsych by examination in 2002. As a specialist registrar, he undertook training in cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) at the Institute of Psychiatry, Kings College London, leading to the award of a postgraduate diploma in CBT in 2006.
He has been a consultant psychiatrist in the NHS since 2006 and he also has a private practice.
In recognition of his contribution to psychiatry, he was elected to the Fellowship of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (FRCPsych) in 2013.
He has recently completed an MSc degree in health care leadership from the NHS Leadership Academy in 2018.
In 2019, he was featured on the Powerlist as one of the 100 most influential black people in the UK.
- Addiction Treatment
- Adjustment Disorder
- Anger Management
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ADHD and ADD
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Drug Induced Psychosis
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Perinatal Depression
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Harm
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- FRCPsych - Fellow of the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- MB BS degree - Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- MRCPsych - Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- MSc - Healthcare Leadership
- PG DIP in CBT - Post graduate diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy