I have 25 years’ experience in general adult psychiatry working in the NHS and private sectors and always strive to provide friendly, patient-centred care for everyone I see.
Dr James Stallard
Dr Stallard has been working at Priory as a visiting consultant since 2010. He has taken on a role looking after inpatients at Priory Hospital Southampton in 2017. He continues to work 2 days per week in the NHS at the Royal Bournemouth Hospital.
Dr Stallard has recently joined The Manor Clinic as a Visitng Consultant where he provides treatment for addictions.
Dr Stallard graduated from Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School in 1993. He trained in psychiatry in the West London Psychiatric Training Scheme, becoming a Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists in 1998. He completed his MSc in Psychiatry and Psychiatric Research in 1999.
- Adjustment Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Drug Induced Psychosis
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Harm
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- Bachelor of Medicine-Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree
- Master of Science (MSc) postgraduate degree
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych)