I work with a number of therapeutic approaches including cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT) and person- centred therapy. Most importantly though I aim to provide a safe and non-judgmental environment where my clients can explore and make sense of their experiences.
Dr Kasia Maciagowska
Dr Kasia Maciagowska has been working at Priory Wellbeing Centre Fenchurch Street since February 2020. Dr Maciagowska works pluralistically, tailoring therapy to the needs of clients because she believes that each individual is unique.
Dr Maciagowska has previously worked in a private practice, an NHS community service, a private psychiatric hospital and further education settings. She is keen to work with a range of mental health conditions, including depression, anxiety, family and relationship problems, anger, stress, low self-esteem, psychosis, mood disorders, eating disorders, personality disorders and self-harm.
- Migration and mental health
- Education and mental health
Clinical articles and research papers
- Winter, L., Maciagowska, K., Mangan, D., & Toor, N. (2018). Inequality and wellbeing in higher education: a call for action. University And College Counselling, 6(2), 22-27.2017.
- Maciagowska, K., & Hanley, T. (2017). What is known about mental health needs of the post-European Union accession Polish immigrants in the UK? A systematic review. International Journal Of Culture And Mental Health,11(2), 220-235.doi: 10.1080/17542863.2017.1358755.
- Addiction Treatment
- Anger Management
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Anxiety Attack Treatment
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Drug Rehabilitation
- Eating Disorders
- Food Addiction
- Internet Addiction
- Legal High Addiction
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorders (OSFED)
- Perinatal Depression
- Personality Disorders
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Harm
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Shopping Addiction
- Stimulant Addiction
- Work Addiction
- BSc Hons Psychology – The University of Liverpool
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology – The University of Manchester
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Counselling Skills – North Lindsey College