4 Temple Row
Dr Kenneth Wood
Dr Wood brings decades’ experience as a doctor and general psychiatrist. He has worked at senior level with people of all outlooks and backgrounds, in their teens to their nineties; in settings from large general hospitals to the most remote rural communities in Britain.
Position at Priory
Consultant Psychiatrist and Medical Member of the Mental Health Tribunal. New to the Priory he’s worked at Senior Level since 1990 for the NHS, the Judiciary and in private practice.
A graduate from Bristol University in 1983, MB ChB followed by postgraduate psychiatric training in Bristol, London, Birmingham and as Lecturer in Psychiatry at the University of Newcastle Upon Tyne.
Membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists was obtained by examination in 1987, then MSc (Keele) in 1992 for research on post-stroke neuropsychiatric disorder.
- Asperger Syndrome
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ADHD and ADD
- Bipolar Disorder
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Drug Induced Psychosis
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Perinatal Depression
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Harm
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- FRCPsych (elected Fellow of the Royal College of Psychiatrists) 2002
- MB ChB (Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery, Bristol) 1983
- MRCPsych (Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists) 1987
- MSc (Keele) 1992