I am an adult psychotherapist who has over 10,000 hours of clinical experience working in a number of different settings. My experience includes a broad range of diagnostic categories with high levels of complexity. I am trained in a number of different models of psychotherapy and maintain a high level of continued professional development. This experience, combined with my non-judgemental and compassionate attitude is what I can offer to those seeking treatment.
Dr Kieran Nolan
Dr Nolan has worked at Priory since May 2016, as an adult psychotherapist who provides eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR) and schema therapy. He is an accredited member of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP).
Dr Nolan completed his Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) at the University of Manchester and his Master of Science (MSc) at the Metanoia Institute/Middlesex University.
He has also received training in the following:
- Fully trained eye movement desensitisation reprocessing (EMDR) practitioner
- Certified transactional analyst
- Trained in transference-focused psychotherapy
- Trained in schema therapy
Dr Nolan carried out a heuristic research project at the University of Manchester for his PhD. His area of research was obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and involved looking at the life stories of people with OCD, rather than their specific OCD symptoms.
- Adjustment Disorder
- Anger Management
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Perinatal Depression
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Selective Mutism
- Self Harm
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- Accreditation as a humanistic and integrative psychotherapist, UKCP
- Accreditation as a psychoanalytic psychotherapist, United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD), area of research was obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), University of Manchester
- Master of Science (MSc) in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy, Middlesex University/Metanoia Institute