Dr Lubna Karim
Dr Karim provides young people and their families with evidence-based, high-quality, compassionate care. She takes a holistic approach to treating mental, emotional and physical health and has experience in treating a wide range of mental health conditions impacting young people and their families. As a medical doctor, she is able to diagnose conditions and prescribe medications if required.
She has a special interest in the assessment and diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and ADHD.
In her ‘general’ child and adolescent psychiatry clinic, she sees children and young people from the age of 9 to 18 years. In her neurodevelopmental clinic (where she diagnoses and treats autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and ADHD), she sees children and young people aged 6 to 18 years.
Position at Priory
Dr Lubna Karim joined Priory Hospital Roehampton in 2021 as a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, whilst also working in the NHS CAMHS service in Guildford, Surrey.
Dr Karim has strong links to highly-qualified therapists at Priory wellbeing centres and can refer for a range of therapies that might be required to help a young person.
Dr Karim studied medicine at Guy's, King's and St Thomas's medical school, University of London, where she was awarded the Barber's Academic Scholarship. She completed her core psychiatry training at the Royal Free Hospital and University College Hospital, London.
After this, she completed her specialist training in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in South West London and Surrey. In addition to her private practice, she works as a Consultant in the NHS Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) service.
Dr Karim is a member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists and holds full registration with the General Medical Council.
Dr Karim has been involved in clinical research and audit throughout her career. She is passionate about teaching, and in 2020 founded a CAMHS Academic Program for Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists. She has previously been appointed an examiner and lecturer in child and adolescent psychiatry for University College London medical school.
- Adjustment Disorder
- Asperger Syndrome
- Attachment Disorder
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ADHD and ADD
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Selective Mutism
- Self Harm
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- Approved Clinician and S12 (2) doctor within the Mental Health Act 1983
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS) trained
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), University of London
- Bachelor or Science (BSc), University of London
- Barber's Academic Scholarship, University of London
- General Medical Council Full Registration
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych)
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists Development Peer Group
- Specialist Register for Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (GMC)