"I am experienced in working with adults, with a particular interest in anxiety and affective disorders. My main purpose is to provide patients with a proper conceptualization of their main problems and offer the most effective and efficient treatments available according to the NICE evidence-based guidelines and quality standards for adults Mental Health".
Dr Marta Santandreu Oliver
Dr Marta Santandreu Oliver joined Priory Hospital Roehampton in 2019 where she works as a Counselling Psychologist in the General Psychiatric Service with adults’ ages over 18 and conducts assessments and psychological treatment with inpatients, day care and outpatients. She previously worked for Priory Hospital North London where she provided patients with dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT) treatment. She also offers specialized treatment for people with disorders of overcontrol (radical openness DBT).
She is registered with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) in the United Kingdom and the Spanish regulating body for Psychologists (Colegio Oficial de Psicólogos).
Dr Santandreu Oliver was born in Spain where she studied BSc (Hons) in Psychology and also completed her Ph.D.
Between 2008 and 2016 she worked in a Mental Health Public Service in Spain where she delivered individual and group therapy. In addition to this, she specialized in gender based violence, PTSD and related disorders.
She supervised graduates and undergraduates, provided training to healthcare practitioners (GP´s, nurses and social workers) and became a member of the Experts Committee in giving advice for the Women´s Health Improvement agreement delivered by the Spanish Government in the Balearic Islands in 2016.
Dr Marta Santandreu Oliver is currently interested in Attachment Theory and DBT treatment effectiveness for emotional under and over control clinical cohorts.
Clinical articles and research papers:
- Santandreu, M. (2013). Duelo complicado por suicidio del maltratador. Casos clínicos en salud mental. (2) pp. 39-55. Complicated grief because of suicide abuser.
- Santandreu, M. y Ferrer, V. (2014). Eficacia de un tratamiento cognitivo conductual para el trastorno de estrés postraumático en víctimas de violencia de género. Behavioural Psychology, (22) pp. 239-256. CBT Efficacy for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder in IPV victims.
- Santandreu, M., Torrents, L., Roquero, R. e Iborra, A. (2014). Violencia de género y autoestima: efectividad de un tratamiento grupal. Apuntes de Psicología, (32) pp. 57-63. Gender violence and self-esteem: intervention group effectiveness.
- Santandreu, M. y Ferrer, V. (2015). Análisis de la emotividad negativa en mujeres víctimas de violencia de género: la culpa y la ira. Revista de Psicopatología y Psicología Clínica, (19) pp. 129-140. Negative emotion assessment in IPV victims: guilt and anger.
- Adjustment Disorder
- Anger Management
- Anxiety Attack Treatment
- Asperger Syndrome
- Attachment Disorder
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Conduct Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Gender Dysphoria
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Perinatal Depression
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Self Harm
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- Tourette's Syndrome
- Work Addiction
- Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology (BSc.)
- Doctor in Psychology (Ph.D.) Dissertation: “Psychopathology, Negative Emotion and maladjustment in Women Victims of Gender Based Violence”
- HCPC approved Counselling Psychologist