I practice a solution-focused, child-centred model of psychiatry, working with young people and their families to achieve their goals. I welcome patient and family feedback and strive to create bespoke care packages for individuals and their families. My goal is to add value to young people’s lives at a time when they need it most.
62 The Avenue
Dr Matt Reeves
Dr Matt Reeves is a consultant child and adolescent psychiatrist based in Hampshire, where he works for the NHS as a consultant child psychiatrist. He has been a visiting consultant at Priory since April 2018. He is soon to be the consultant for the CAMHS inpatient unit at Priory Hospital Southampton from September 2018.
Dr Reeves has a breadth of previous experience prior to becoming a psychiatrist. He worked with children in areas of conflict whilst a medical officer in the Army, held a variety of posts in hospital specialities and worked overseas with the United Nations.
He has a particular interest in neurodevelopmental disorders such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and autism spectrum disorder (ASD), as well as mood disorders, trauma and medically unexplained symptoms.
Dr Reeves has three young children, enjoys outdoor sports and sailing.
- Trained in solution-focused therapy
- Autism diagnostic observation schedule (ADOS) 2 trained
- QBTest/Check trained
- Eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR) stage 2
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
Dr Reeves has an ongoing interest in how exercise can benefit those with ADHD and is in the process of organising further pilot studies in free running (Parkour) as a method for helping those with ADHD function better.
- Adjustment Disorder
- Anger Management
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Asperger Syndrome
- Attachment Disorder
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ADHD and ADD
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Conduct Disorder
- Drug Induced Psychosis
- Eating Disorders
- Gender Dysphoria
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Oppositional Defiance Disorder
- Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorders (OSFED)
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Selective Mutism
- Self Harm
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Tourette's Syndrome
- Young People’s Services
- Approved clinician under the Mental Health Act
- Approved under S12 of the Mental Health act
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Guy’s, Kings’ and St Thomas’ Hospitals London
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) Honours in Philosophy, Kings College London
- GMC registered 6079500 on the specialist register