I see myself as friendly and approachable and I bring over 30 years’ experience in mental health to the assessment of problems. I pride myself on timely communication with patients, GPs and relatives and on keeping abreast of developments in my chosen areas of interests.
Dr Michael Bristow
Dr Bristow has been a general adult psychiatrist at Priory since 2004, and has treated a wide variety of conditions in the 18-75 age group. He has an interest in psychopharmacology. He also has an interest in addictions and has been lead clinician in addictions since 2003. He works closely with the addiction therapy programme.
Dr Bristow trained as an undergraduate at Exeter College Oxford and Guys Hospital Medical School. Following some time spent in accident and emergency (A&E), general medicine and anaesthetics, he trained in psychiatry at St Bartholomew’s and Charing Cross Hospitals in London. He was a senior lecturer at St George’s Hospital Medical School and an NHS general adult psychiatrist in South London for 10 years. He joined Priory in 2001 and has been in private practice exclusively since 2004.
Dr Bristow has published articles in the British Medical Journal, British Journal of Psychiatry and several other academic publications on various topics including alcohol misuse, cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), side effects of psychotropic drugs, schizophrenia and general hospital psychiatry.
- Addiction Treatment
- Adjustment Disorder
- Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Bipolar Disorder
- Cannabis Addiction
- Cocaine Addiction
- Drug Rehabilitation
- Ecstasy / MDMA Addiction
- Gambling Addiction
- Heroin Addiction
- Legal High Addiction Treatment
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Porn Addiction
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Stimulant Addiction
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery
- Certificate in Psychopharmacology
- Fellow of the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Master of Arts (MA) in Physiological Sciences