I take a biopsychosocial approach in helping patients to manage their eating disorders. This is reflecting the onset and maintenance of eating disorders which usually involve all these aspects. My training in psychodynamic psychotherapy and interpersonal therapy help me to provide a comprehensive assessment and treatment of patients with eating disorders. I strongly believe in a collaborative approach and invite input from family if the patient is agreeing.
Dr Murali Sekar
I am a consultant psychiatrist working in the field of eating disorders since 2010. I currently work at Priory Hospital Chelmsford and I look after patients admitted to specialist eating disorders unit based in the hospital. I also run outpatient clinics for patients with primary eating disorders.
I am registered with the General Medical Council and I am a member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists. I also work as the Medical Director of the Priory Chelmsford hospital.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (1998)
- Diploma in Psychological Medicine (2000)
- Member of Royal College of Psychiatrists (2006)
- Diploma in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy ( 2010)
Currently working on the concept of Anorexia Nervosa as an anxiety disorder. Has published research articles and authored a book titled: Symptoms, investigations and treatment in Eating Disorders
- Spanish (Basic)
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- Diploma in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Psychological Medicine
- Member of Royal College of Psychiatrists