I have number of years of experience in treating a wide range of psychiatric disorders. I bring the latest evidence-based treatment options, while providing a very patient centred and collaborative care for my patients. I strongly believe in providing care to patients that is responsive to their individual preferences and values.
Dr P Pillay
Dr Pillay has expertise in treating a wide range of psychiatric conditions with number of years of experience. She has been working in NHS as a General Adult Consultant since 2011. She is working at Priory as a visiting Consultant and offering private treatment.
Within NHS she has a range of responsibilities, she is the service lead for ECT and Essex rTMS Service. She has a special interest in neuromodulatory treatments such as rTMS. She is the service lead for ECT and Essex rTMS Service. She also sits on the Royal College of Psychiatrists advisory committees for ECT and rTMS.
She is also involved in research and teaching roles within NHS and with ARU school of medicine.
- "I find Dr Pillay one of the best mental health Drs I have seen, she is very thorough and understanding to my condition even though it's quite a complex situation. I am with a very good Dr. "
- "Made me feel at ease and listened to what I had to say. I felt really comfortable and did not feel anxious at all. A really lovely and felt like she cared lady."
- "I cannot thank Dr Pillay and her team enough. They are always there for me in times of need." "Very kind lovely doctor, made me feel hopeful for the future."
- "Amazing support, really listened to my concerns and I would not hesitate in using this service again should I need it again."
- "Very calm, welcoming and kind nature. Makes you feel at ease and makes it easier to speak about issues."
Dr Pillay is a member of Royal College of Psychiatrists having finished her core training and specialist training in Psychiatry with UCL and Royal Free. She has CCT (Certificate of Completion of Training) in General Adult Psychiatry and Rehabilitation. She is on the specialist register of the GMC. Dr Pillay also obtained MSc in Transcultural Psychiatry from Barts & The London Queen Mary’s School of Medicine & Dentistry.
Dr Pillay has a keen interest in research and new innovative treatments in Psychiatry. She is currently the Principal Investigator for PAX BD an NIHR funded phase III trial. She is doing an ongoing feasibility study to explore use of rTMS (transcranial magnetic stimulation) in a pan diagnostic group of patients to look at symptom reduction. This study is being done in collaboration with ARU school of medicine.
Her special interest is in neuromodulatory treatments in Psychiatry, such as rTMS & VNS. She sits on the Royal College of Psychiatrists TMSN (Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Network) working on setting standards for administration of rTMS.
Some previous publications:
- The Contribution of Psychiatric Disorders to occupation of NHS beds: Analysis of Hospital Statistics, The Psychiatrist, Feb 2011, Vol35, Issue2.
- Study of Stigmatised attitude towards people with mental health problems among health professionals. Journal of Psychiatric 7 Mental Health Nursing, 2009, 16, 279-284
- Systematic Review of Religion & Obsessive Compulsive Disorders. Dissertation for MSc in Transcranial Psychiatry.
- Adjustment Disorder
- Anger Management
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ADHD and ADD
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Drug Induced Psychosis
- Eating Disorders
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorders (OSFED)
- Perinatal Depression
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Harm
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- MB BS
- MSc in Transcultural Psychiatry