Dr Paul Bester
Dr Bester’s clinical practice covers a wide range of conditions including anxiety and mood disorders (depression and bipolar), psychotic disorders (including schizophrenia), emerging personality difficulties, developmental disorders such ADHD and ASD and forensic and medico-legal issues. He also has a great deal of inpatient and outpatient experience treating emotion dysregulation disorders.
- Child & adolescent mental health services (CAMHS) Behavioural and emotional difficulties
- Developmental disorders, including autism spectrum disorder
- Mood disorders, including Depression and Bipolar disorder and PTSD
- Emerging Borderline Personality Disorder and emotion dysregulation syndrome
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
He is well known for his forensic adolescent expertise and has acted as an expert in many civil and criminal trials. He now prefers to undertake clinical work focused on treatment.
Dr Bester is also on the Specialist Register of the Royal College of Psychiatrists for both forensic and child & adolescent psychiatry.
Dr Bester trained and qualified as a Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist and then as a Forensic Psychiatrist and worked in the NHS for many years prior to leaving the NHS to pursue full time independent practice.
Dr Bester has trained in the administration of the ADOS (autism diagnostic observation schedule) and 3 di for formal diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder and has experience in the management of autism spectrum disorder in inpatient and outpatient settings.